QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to generate and develop new business from incentive houses, meeting planners, corporate clients and resort buy out companies.
- Ability to ensure that clients receive excellent customer service so that new business is obtained, repeat business is secured and the volume of revenue generated by assigned territory increases year over year.
- Ability to work closely with the Manager Sales with the total account management of our Incentive Houses, Meeting Planners and Corporate Direct clients to include: sales, marketing, group and resort buyout negotiation, reporting and relationship development.
- Ability to provide Manager with a business overview of key priorities, competitive information and business trends emerging from assigned territory.
- Responsible for containment of costs regarding job duties and adherence to assigned budgetary parameters.
- Ability to think creatively to develop innovative sales techniques as well as imaginative solutions to industry challenges and sales obstacles that are realistic and cost effective.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 30 lbs to pack and transport marketing collateral to direct clients, meeting planners and travel agents, with reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time for presentations and provide walking tours for clients within resorts, with reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to travel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in incentive travel sales, meeting/convention/event sales or leisure travel sales.
- Hospitality Sales experience preferred.
- Sales experience with incentive houses, travel brokers and/or meeting planners preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Familiarity with industry organizations (SITE, MPI, etc).
- Strong computer skills – mastery of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- Ability to initiate contracts using superior negotiation and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented and strong decision making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting company objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, foster trust and cooperation among team members as well as customers.
- Detail-oriented, self-management and organizational skills to handle home-based role with goal/target based compensation.
- Customer-centric skills to foster and maintain business relationships and drive results.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- Club Med product knowledge an asset
Qualified candidates will be met and interviewed wk of June 5th & June 19th.